Essay: Formal/ Informal English



You will be writing two separate paragraphs. The first paragraph, on any subject of your choice, will be written in informal English. Informal English is conversational in tone. There should be no grammatical or spelling errors in this paragraph, so be sure to proofread your work carefully.
The second paragraph will be on the identical subject as the first essay, but use formal English instead. This paragraph will express the same concepts as the first, but the writing style should be smooth and highly polished. Again, proofread carefully anything you write.


1    1.   It was about 9 o'clock in the morning when I thought that it has been made a mistake. I was fired from my job. I had a funny feeling about the envelope that I found on my desk that day. I was sure that my colleagues from the department will stick up for me in the last week. I thought that it was a good thing to do to do not tell on my friends from my team. But I was wrong. They weren't there for me. So, I dove into the matter and asked for an explanation that did not come. After a couple of weeks I had stood up for myself and made it finding something else, a new job.

2. The time was approximately 9 o'clock in the morning when I thought it has been made a mistake. I was dismissed from my job. I had an odd feeling about the envelope that I found on my desk that day. I was sure that my colleagues from the department will defend me in the last week. I thought that it was a good thing to do to do not betray my friends from my team. But I did wrong. They weren't there for me. So, I dived into the matter and asked for an explanation that did not come. After a couple of weeks I insisted and made it finding something else, a new job.

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Nodul Nord si Lilith

How can a person's self-presentation communicate both independence and desire for acceptance at the same time?